Please Note: All our transactions are conducted in Canadian Dollars unless otherwise specified
1. Uptown Gallery Auctions charges a buyer's premium of 20% on the hammer price. Buyer's premium and applicable Canadian taxes are added to the hammer price.
2. A charge of 13% HST (Harmonized Sales Tax) is applicable on the hammer price and buyer's premium, except for purchases directly shipped from our premises out of Canada. In the case where purchases are shipped out of the province of Ontario, the HST or GST is charged based on the tax status of that province.
3. Uptown Gallery Auctions does not undertake packing or shipping but uses third party agents (see #14 below)
4. All items are sold as is, where is with all faults. All sales are final - no refunds and no exchanges. We disclaim any and all warranties, expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranty of merchantability of fitness for any particular purpose. No warranties are made that any of the merchandise complies with any applicable governmental rules or regulations of any kind whatsoever.
5. In no event shall Uptown Gallery Auctions' liability for any breach, or act of omission exceed the Purchase Price actually paid by the buyer, and in no event shall Uptown Gallery Auctions (UGA) have any liability under any circumstances for special, indirect, incidental or consequential damages (including for loss of profits or revenue, costs of obtaining alternative property, claims of customers of buyer or otherwise), whether in contract, tort, negligence, strict liability, or otherwise, arising out of, resulting from or in any way relating to the lot or its purchase, sale delivery or non-delivery, or the acts or omissions of UGA.
Buying at our Auctions (Online)
6. Our auctions are hosted by a third party platform (LiveAuctioneers). You must therefore register through Live Auctioneers in order to bid.
8. If you are unable to bid live online, you may wish to leave a commission (absentee) bid. Simply complete a commission bid form and state the maximum hammer price you are prepared to bid. Uptown Gallery Auctions will bid on your behalf. 9. Bidder's bid at all times represents an irrevocable offer by bidder to enter into a binding contract to purchase the lot in accordance with the specific provisions of the listing and these general terms and conditions, as applicable, even if a higher bid was received by UGA. In the event that any reserve price of a lot is not exceeded by any bidder's bid, UGA, in its sole discretion, with or without the knowledge of or notice to any bidder, may reduce any reserve price to an amount below the bid of bidder at any time during an auction accept the bid made by bidder. Reserve prices are always the confidential information of UGA and are not disclosed to bidders unless specifically stated as such during bidding. Nothing contained in any listing shall be construed to disclose any reserve price. In the placing of any bid the bidder understands and agrees that the bid, once accepted by UGA, will be the winning bid if there is no higher bid by another bidder and if any reserve or reduced reserve on the lot is exceeded by the bid. all bids are binding, irrevocable and non-cancellable by bidder. UGA has final description on sale of a lot. The decisions of UGA are final.
10. All of the items are to be considered, unless otherwise noted in the description, in good condition. The definition of "good" when used in reference to condition, describes an object as having had no major damage or repair but as with the nature of the material, may show minor surface wear, discolouration etc., which indicates the acceptable wear that the piece may acquire with age. If you are particular about minor flaws, you should have our staff answer any questions before bidding. Sizes are approximate. It remains the sole responsibility of the bidder to inquire as to the condition of a lot before bidding. 11. Written and oral descriptions are the opinions of Uptown Gallery Auctions and should in no way be construed as a guarantee of any kind as to authenticity, age, condition, materials or any other feature of items being sold. UGA believes to the best of its knowledge that the information presented in any auction has come from reliable sources. Uptown Gallery Auctions attempts to catalogue every lot correctly and will attempt to point out any defects but will not be responsible or liable for the correctness of the catalogue or other descriptions of the lot. If you require absolute certainty in all areas of authenticity, and the results of your evaluation leave uncertainty in mind, do not bid on the lot in question.
How to make a payment
12. Following a successful bid, Live Auctioneers will issue you an invoice through PayPal. Wait until you receive an invoice.
Collection and Delivery
13. After the Auction, there are two ways to receive your purchases. With a copy of your paid invoice, you can pick your item up at our location at 10 Shakespeare Street, Shakespeare Ontario.
14. If you are unable to collect yourself Uptown Gallery uses third party packers and shippers to send the item. We will provide you with a shipping quote from UPS or Canada Post which will include the cost of packing materials, insurance and provincial sales tax where applicable. This will be invoiced to you separately via PayPal and the item will be shipped after payment received. You will be provided with a tracking number. Shippers: 1. UPS at 356 Ontario Street, Stratford ON Telephone: 519-271-0100 2. via Canada Post 3. International shipper of Art and Antiques: Navis Pack and Ship at www.gonavis.com or 1-888-996-2847 Remember your package may also be subject to customs and brokerage fees in addition to the shipping costs.